The Silver Caduceus Assn. awards academic scholarships
to eligibile applicants based on proven academic ability, exhibited leadership skills, community service, demonstrated personal financial need and other special considerations. The number of scholarships awarded will depend on the amount of money available, normally in the amount of $1,000.00
The Scholarship Program is funded entirely by donations from SCA members.
To date, we have awarded five (5) scholarships at the 2006 Reunion, three (3) at the 2008 Reunion, and three (3) after the reunion, for a total of eleven (11) $1,000.00 scholarships to relatives of SCA members, to include one to the spouse of an Active Duty MSC. Scholarship awards are distributed directly to the awardees to be used for tuition, books, fees, etc.
Please send your donations to:
Silver Caduceus Assn.
P. O. Box 39514
San Antonio, Texas 78218
Donations are fully tax deductable.
1. Applicants must be a spouse, child, grandchild, great-grandchild, sibling, child or grandchild of a sibling.
Exceptions will be considered for those related members of former Army MSC officers who are killed in action or disabled in combat and retired from active duty for those disabling conditions.
2. Applicants are not limited to high school seniors
. They may be attending college at the time of application or an adult wanting to attend college for the first time or to continue their education after a break in attendance.
1. Scholarship applications will be accepted
January 1, 2010 through June 30, 2010.
Download a 2010 Scholarship Application.(PDF)
2. Please complete the application in as much detail as possible. Note that the two character reference letters should NOT be from family members. Academic awards and any academic leadership positions should be noted as well as community positions and awards. ROTC participation should also be so noted.
3. We do not conduct personal interviews so we ask that the applicant prepare a biographical statement, not to exceed 2 typed pages. The bio should help the committee better understand the candidate, their family, personal goals and any personal hardships.
4. All applications are reviewed by the Scholarship Committee
and recommendations will be made to the Board of Directors for approval.
5. Scholarships will be awarded at the 2010 Reunion
in Colorado Springs, Colorado, August 2010.
Questions regarding the application process may be directed to any member of the Scholarship Committee:
George Hammond e-mail email@example.com
Telephone: Home: 813-645-8861
Ernie Sylvester e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Hayes e-mail JHayes0006@aol.com
Thanks so much SCA members for your support of this very worthwhile program.
— Col (R) George Hammond, Scholarship Committee Chairman
2008 ARMY MSC SCA Scholarship Winners
The Silver Caduceus Association has awarded three $1,000 scholarships to the below listed individuals:
1. Robert A Klotz Sophomore at Auburn University , majoring in Education
Nominated by: Robert H. Willis, LTC, MSC, Ret (Grandfather)
2. Elliott T. Scherer University of Oregon , majoring in International Business
Nominated by: Frank A. Audino, LTC, MSC, Ret (Grandfather)
3. Tyler B. Hammond University of South Florida , majoring in Pre-Med - Pharmacy
Nominated by: George Hammond, Col , MSC, Ret (Great-Uncle)